**STAGE 4 LOCKDOWN UPDATE**
During these unprecedented times, there have been a lot of questions regarding veterinary services.
Vets are considered an Essential Service under the Stage 4 Lock-down in Victoria – meaning Eltham Veterinary Practice is open and here for your pet’s needs.
Although we are open, there have been some slight changes to the way we are running.
We are operating in split teams. With Dr Steve Pryor and Dr Eden Clark working Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday and Dr Gus Braniff, Dr Melanie Roads and Dr Renae Wood working Thursday, Friday and Saturday (Dr Gus & Dr Mel only).
Our surgeries and some appointments are unchanged by the lockdown, meaning you can still come to us if your animal is sick and for some visits and re-checks. This includes late night appointments on Thursdays and Fridays.
Unfortunately, when it comes to Grooming we have been advised that it is not considered an essential service and our Grooming Parlour is closed.
To help stop the spread of COVID-19 we have had some procedures in place for a few weeks now:
- Only 1 person per consultation and when dropping an animal off/picking up for surgery
- Upon arrival, call the practice and inform our staff you are here and we will get you to wait in your car until the Vet is ready to see you
- If you arrive at the door and staff are busy or not in reception, please ring the doorbell
- If you would like to order food or medication, please call ahead and pay over the phone as we are not letting people into the building unless it’s for an appointment
- Upon entering the practice, please sanitise your hands at the sanitising station next to the front door
- You must wear a mask at all times
- When you enter the consultation room please take a seat and abide by the social distancing red tape and stickers on the floor
- Please pay with card whenever you can
We understand this can be a difficult and strange time, but with our efforts we can help keep your animals and our community safe and healthy.
The Eltham Veterinary Practice Team